Eat Clean Recipe: Jamie Eason’s Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
This recipe is a must try for those days that you’re in a hurry! If you’re looking to meal prep for the week and want something easy to make, that doesn’t require much prep time or clean up… these muffins definitely fit the bill!
Major kudos to Jamie Eason for yet another amazing recipe! They are great hot or cold & with a little bit of mustard are DELICIOUS!
Fats: 2 grams
Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 11 grams
• 2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
• 3 egg whites
• 1 cup quick cooking oats
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp dried thyme
• 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
• 2 tsp black pepper
• 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
• 1 small onion (finely chopped)
• 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
5. Bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
I served mine with ½ a sweet potato, steamed green beans, a romaine salad topped with blue berries & a bit of feta cheese. Enjoy!